|Chinese version / 中文版:||Ballex/zh|
|Content in this article is not totally relevant with Ballance and key words will not be hyperlinked to other articles in Ballance Wiki; please try not to be confused. |
Ballex Wiki: https://wiki.ballex.net (unbulit currently)
Official release: Windows, MacOS; |
Beta: iOS, Android
14 August 2019 |
(Development started on 16 November 2018, 1 year, 7 months ago)
www.ballex.net (unbulit) |
Steam Store Page
Ballex is one of the new ball-rolling games derived from the 3D video game Ballance. With its high-quality video images, fancier graphics, and more modules with less bugs and glitches, gameplay of Ballex is commonly thought to be better than Ballance.
Though some elements in Ballex are similar to those in Ballance, their size, physical parameters and there usages are not totally the same; most of the gameplay is also different from that in Ballance, thus confusion must be avoided.
Basics operations & elements
- Basic operations: hold down
→to control the movements of the ball;
Spaceto expand the view field;
Dto rotate the viewport.
- 7 types of balls: wood, paper, stone, ice, rubber, steel and glowing balls for use; each type of ball has its special features and feelings of manoeuvring.
- Modules & floors: some existing types of elements from Ballance replaced with new textures and models are added to Ballex, along with numerous new elements such as red boards (trampolines), falling boards, pressure plates, fire sprayers, TNTs, one-way gates, password gates, magnets, waterpools, which have improved the gameplay greatly.
Game modes & future outlooks
- Record mode: 4 timers corresponding to HS (high scores) and SR (speedruns), BO (bouncing balls) and 45-degree are included. Scores can be uploaded to the online ranking list on Steam, but not all levels support BO mode.
- The shadow challenge: by enabling this option before starting a level, the path of the ball will be recorded, and a shadow ball will appear to confirm the performance of the player. Try to go ahead of it!
- The creative workshop: level editor is included in the game, which enables the player to make own custom levels and upload them to steam for everyone to play.
The official version of Ballex on Windows and MacOS has been finished and released on Steam, with the latest version of 1.2 and map maker 3.2, pricing $ 2.13. For Android and iOS system, only the beta version is released (Android: TapTap; iOS: App Store).
History & user feedbacks
Since the release, Ballex has been welcomed by a large amount of players and gained a group of trustable users.
Though Ballex was released worldwide, only a Discord server (join) is available all over the world.
Because of the high-quality video, the system requirements for Ballex to run smoothly is far higher than Ballance.
Below are from Ballex on Steam store as a reference:
|Hardware / Software||Lowest||Recommended|
|RAM||4 GB||16 GB|
|Disk space||2 GB||4 GB|
|CPU||Intel Core i5 6600||Intel Core i7 6800K|
|Graphics driver||Nvidia GTX 660||Nvidia GTX 1060|
|Operating system||Windows 7 x64||Windows 10 x64|
However, most computers with normal system configurations can run Ballex at least with the lowest graphics smoothly.